Contracts between a craft trainee and a registered apprentice:
- Will not be registered in the RAPIDS system.
- Does not qualify for Davis Bacon certification.
- Trainee must be paid prevailing wage on all federal projects.
- Not eligible to obtain Iowa license by reciprocity.
Similarities between registered apprenticeship and craft training:
- Taught by licensed journeymen in the trade.
- Use standardized curriculum from the NCCER.
- Attend the equivalent of 144 hours in the classroom.
- Participate in recording OJL (on the job learning).
- Accountable to the Trustees and Training Center Registrar.